Ugadent.org is a dynamic Web site, and changes are made regularly. All information is current as of its first appearance on this site or when last modified.
Unless otherwise indicated, all items on Ugadent.org are protected by copyright of the Uganda Dental Association. This copyright extends to text and graphics, the selection, arrangement and presentation of all materials, and the overall design of the site. Reproduction or republication is strictly prohibited without prior written permission, unless and to the extent specific items posted on Ugadent.org indicate otherwise.
is a registered trademark of the Uganda Dental Association and Ugadent.org is a service mark of the Uganda Dental Association. Reproduction or republication of these marks is strictly prohibited without prior written permission.
Links may be made to Ugadent.org provided the links do not use the trademarks or service marks of the Uganda Dental Association or its affiliated entities. Links to Ugadent.org may not suggest or imply that UDA or its affiliates endorse or support the linking site, its sponsors and/or its advertisers, unless prior written permission to indicate any such endorsement or support has been granted. Framing of Ugadent.org or any of its content is strictly prohibited.
Ugadent.org is provided “as is.” Neither the UDA nor its affiliated entities make any representations or warranties, of any kind or any nature, whether express or implied, created by law, contract or otherwise, including, without limitation, any representations or warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title or non-infringement.
In no event shall UDA or its affiliated entities be liable for any damages of any kind or nature, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, special, consequential or incidental damages or loss of profits arising from, or in connection with, the existence, operation or use of reliance on this site, regardless of whether UDA has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
The material contained on Ugadent.org is offered as information only and not as practice, financial, accounting, legal or other professional advice. Users need to consult their own professional advisors for such advice.
Information on Ugadent.org provided as assistance for users making clinical decisions regarding the clinical care of their patients cannot substitute for the individual judgment brought to each clinical situation by the patient’s dentist. As with all clinical reference resources, they reflect what the UDA believed to be the science of dentistry at the time of their development, but they should be used with the clear understanding that continued research may result in new knowledge or recommendations.
The UDA does not necessarily endorse the non-UDA resources that may appear or otherwise be referenced on Ugadent.org, and makes no representation or warranties about the products or services they may provide.
Portions of Ugadent.org are published by separate organizations or entities and those entities are solely responsible for their own content. Statements appearing in those portions of Ugadent.org are not necessarily endorsed by the Uganda Dental Association or any of its subsidiaries, councils, commissions or agencies.
By linking to other Web sites, the UDA does not endorse the policies or practices of, or opinions expressed on, those sites, nor does the UDA make any representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy of any items or claims contained therein.
Business decisions, including decisions about method of practice, are personal choices to be made by individual dentists. The UDA does not, via Ugadent.org or otherwise, encourage dentists to make any particular business decision on issues addressed herein, including with respect to whether and how to participate in managed care plans. Moreover, the UDA discourages dentists from taking any unlawful collective action, including but not limited to price fixing or boycotts.
If you believe any content appearing on Ugadent.org may infringe your copyright please send a written notification via email or post to the UDA’s Secretariat:
The Uganda Dental Association
Department of Dentistry, Makerere University.
P.O Box 7072
In order to be effective, the notice must substantially include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or alleged to be the subject of infringing activity and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material. Providing URLs in the body of an email is the best way to help us locate content quickly;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and,
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please also note that the information provided in this legal notice may be forwarded to the person who provided the allegedly infringing content.
We may give notice to our users and content contributors by means of a general notice or via electronic mail. If you receive such a notice concerning a copyright issue you may provide counter-notification in writing to the UDA Secretariat that includes the following information:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement from you, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good-faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the relevant Court in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the Uganda, for any judicial district in which we may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.